Sunday, March 8, 2015

30 Before 30 List: See The Sunset At The Beach




Panoramic iphone photo of the sun setting over the Laguna Madre in South Padre Island Texas



As I mentioned in my previous post, I created my 30 Before 30 List in October of last year. The first item I was able to cross off was seeing the sunset at the beach. This actually happened in October of last year, on the 26th to be exact, but I didn’t have a blog yet so I’m just posting about it now.

The nearest beach to me is South Padre Island in Texas. Maybe you’ve heard of it? It’s a really famous Spring Break spot, speaking of which I bet a lot of Spring Breakers are already arriving for a week of nonstop partying. I’ve actually never been to the island on Spring Break, anyway, it’s a beautiful beach that runs along the border of the Gulf of Mexico. It’s pretty peaceful (other than during Spring Break) and since Texas has fairly nice weather year round I was able to go in October and I enjoyed it immensely.

I have to mention, the actual beach is on the East side of the island. So that means that the sun sets on the side of the Laguna Madre. Technically I saw the sunset over the Laguna Madre but it was at the beach so I’m counting it anyway.

Even the sights during our drive to the island were beautiful.

blue sky green grass road trip



Blue skies and green grass during a road trip to South Padre Island Texas




Freud and Funfetti Lifestyle Blog driving to the beach beautiful blue skies



Welcome to S.P.I! 

Welcome to South Padre Island!





We got there around 5 p.m. and the sun was still pretty high in the sky.


sun over the beach at SPI Texas





30 before 30 list sunset






Can't you just feel yourself relaxing just looking at the pictures? I took all these pictures with my iPhone! 


Bird flying over the water so peaceful. On my bucket list of things to see!





I had packed some food for a little picnic before the sunset. Some fresh wraps and baked chips.





We parked our car close to the water next to some really colorful restaurants.

amberjacks and claytons beach bar, colorful restaurants by the beach!


The view was breathtaking.







I think the sun started to set around 6:30 p.m It was so nice to be able to see the progress of the sun setting and seeing the sky change color.


Cotton candy sky iPhone photography!





Bucket list item seeing the sunset at the beach!




Look at those candy colors!

Pink skies blue water, the perfect sunset photo





This is probably my favorite photo I took while I was there. That pier silhouetted against the sunset and the water, it's something I'll never forget.





The restaurants were bathed with light from the magic hour. We actually saw a sunset dinner cruise pass by while we were there. I definitely want to do that one day!






Until next time sunset!





After we saw the sun set over the Laguna Madre, we decided to head to the East side where the Gulf of Mexico is. We walked for a little while on the sand, it felt nice and cool on my toes. There were so many little see through crabs running around, my friend got scared and put her shoes on. 


Pathway to the beach, Gulf of Mexico, Texas




The perfect end to the perfect day.




Crossing this item off my list really made me feel like I had accomplished something. I think the feeling of satisfaction was more due to the experience of seeing the sun setting and spending some time in nature. That sunset is probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. 

I'm glad that I was able to have this experience and including it on my 30 Before 30 List made sure I got to go through with it.


What's the first item you crossed off your 30 Before 30 List?








No comments:

Post a Comment