Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My trip to Dallas Part 3: Going back home and The Salt Lick BBQ


My blog post about my last day in Dallas.


Tuesday was the last day of our trip so we woke up at 9 am and had some free coffee at the hotel breakfast bar. We stopped at a couple of stores to see if we could find some souvenirs but we had no luck. 

Saying goodbye to Dallas was bittersweet. I loved my entire time there and only wish I had more days to spend there but I had school and responsibilities waiting for me at home. 



Saying goodbye to Dallas until next time!





 On our way out of the city we passed the House of Blues. I would have loved to go there and I hope next time I travel to Dallas I can make it. 



House of Blues, Dallas, TX



I had heard of The Salt Lick BBQ before, so on our way back I knew I wanted to stop there for lunch. We stopped at the location in Round Rock, TX.


The Salt Lick in Round Rock, TX  has amazing BBQ!



They had a great selection of different BBQ meats on their menu. 


What to order at The Salt Lick BBQ.


I went with the sliced brisket sandwich and it was fantastic. The meat was tender and juicy and their house BBQ sauce was excellent. The sandwich came with homemade coleslaw, potato salad and baked beans. They also gave us homemade pickles on the side, they were my favorite!


Amazing brisket sandwich from The Salt Lick BBQ in Round Rock, TX


The sandwich came on homemade sesame seed bread. It was really soft and the perfect compliment to the smoked meat. The sandwich was so big that I only ate half and took the rest to go.


Now that's what I call a brisket sandwich! Only in Texas.


The rest of the drive home was pretty uneventful and quite tiring. I stopped at an Arby's to pick up some food for my family because my Dad is a huge Arby's fan and there isn't a location where we live. I also wanted to take them food to thank them for watching my dogs.

The best part of the drive home was definitely coming home to these two faces!


This is Hershey, my boy Miniature Schnauzer.

Hershey the Miniature Schnauzer.


And this is Jellybean my girl Maltese/Poodle mix.

Jellybean the Maltese/Poodle mix


My trip to Dallas was really fun and exciting and I can't wait to go back. The best part was definitely the Maroon 5 concert.


Make sure you also check out part one and part two of my trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment