Monday, April 6, 2015

My trip to Dallas Part 2: Maroon 5 Concert, Dallas Galleria, Fifty Shades of Grey


A day in Dallas, Maroon 5 concert, Dallas Galleria, Fifty Shades of Grey!





On Monday my friends and I woke up around 8 to take advantage of the free breakfast the hotel offered. I tried to make healthy choices because I knew later on we would be snacking and eating out. I got some scrambled egg, breakfast potatoes, a sausage link, a biscuit and some fruit and yogurt. I also had a cup of coffee and a glass of ice water. Unfortunately the breakfast was not good at all... It had very little taste and even the fruit and yogurt were less than fresh. I ended up eating just half the biscuit and the potatoes. 



Healthy hotel breakfast.




After breakfast we went back up to the room to get ready for a fun day out. It was super cold that day, I believe it was 32 degrees. Brrrr 
We ended up going to the Dallas Galleria. That's right, we went to the mall. On a Monday. In the morning. 


Things to do in Dallas: Visit the Galleria







It was actually super fun and we had the mall almost all to ourselves. I think it was about 10 am and most of the stores weren't even open yet. So we decided to walk around and window shop. I saw a bunch of stores that aren't in my local mall so that was pretty cool. 


Gucci at the Dallas Galleria



Galleria Dallas on my last trip.




Louis Vuitton at the Galleria Dallas.


Since I didn't have have much to eat for breakfast I was feeling kind of sluggish after about an hour. We could smell fresh cookies baking so we made a beeline for the Nestle Tollhouse Shop. I'm not normally a sweet food kind of person but the cookies there were out of this world good!


Nestle Tollhouse cookies!


I ended up choosing two cookies, one was chocolate chip pecan and the other a peanut butter cup one. I also had a small iced coffee. 


Those chocolate chip pecan cookies were amazing!


We found a great spot to sit on the second floor right by the edge where we could see people ice skating at the ice rink. I have to admit it was pretty relaxing having coffee and cookies and people watching at the mall on a Monday morning.


Galleria Dallas: Ice skating!



Cookies and coffee for a shopping break in Dallas.


The chocolate chip pecan cookie was amazing. It was super fresh and it had the perfect texture between chewy and crispy. I ate all of it. The other cookie, the one with the peanut butter cup baked in the center, was so good but so rich and decadent that I only had two small bites and took it back to the hotel with me.


Peanut butter cup cookie from Nestle Tollhouse. The BEST peanut butter cup cookie ever!


After hanging out at the Galleria for a few hours, we left to explore and ended up at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. The building has a very modern architectural style. There's a glass level on an incline that has an escalator you can actually ride. 


Perot museum of nature and science.



I thought the typography of this sign was really cool.




We walked in and saw the prices and the line and we decided to leave. The place was jam packed with children and families and the cover charge was like $30/person. There was a Sherlock Holmes exhibit which I would have LOVED to explore but I guess it'll have to be next time.


We left the museum and headed to a movie theater close by. Fifty Shades of Grey had just premiered the previous weekend and we were excited to check it out. We were one of only three groups of people watching Fifty Shades on a Monday during the day. It was funny but it also made watching it less awkward. I'm a huge book nerd and I tried to read the Fifty Shades book but I was not a fan. I didn't know what to expect from the movie other than what I'd seen in the previews but I have to confess that I really, really liked the movie. I think they found a way to translate the book into the movie where it wasn't cheesy or fake. Also, watching Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey? THE highlight of the movie. I'm actually a huge Jamie Dornan fan, having discovered him playing a twisted, sadistic serial killer in the TV show The Fall. (Find it now on Netflix) So watching him shirtless was a pretty huge selling point for me. My friends of course loved the movie. 



Fifty Shades of Grey movie.


One of the girls wanted to get a snack at the theater but wanted to share. So we agreed to split an order of bacon cheese fries. They were really good and it was my first actual "meal" of the day. I always to try to make good decisions about what I eat since I am on a weight loss journey, but being on vacation is a good time to enjoy and not stress too much about being perfect in our food choices. 


Movie theater food: bacon cheese fries!


I took pictures with my friends in case your wondering, but they aren't ok with having their picture online. Since this is my blog, I'll only post things about myself because I'm not the type of person to force the spotlight on my friends. 


After the movie we headed back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the concert. Seeing Maroon 5 in concert was a dream of mine and an item in my 30 Before 30 List. I've been a huge fan of them since Songs About Jane and I could not believe I got to go. We watched some HBO and I also had a healthy snack, grapes and a yogurt I had packed. The hotel had a mini fridge so we stored water and snacks there. It was a money saver for sure. 

Also, notice the coffee stirrers in my yogurt. I couldn't find a spoon and used what I could find in the room. It worked pretty well actually.


Healthy hotel snack: grapes and yogurt!



I started to get sleepy back in the hotel room but I forced myself to stay awake because I knew if I napped, I would be groggy and have a sleep hangover. I started to get ready while watching a movie called Walk of Shame with Elizabeth Banks. It was so funny that I vowed to rent it when I got back home. (I did rent it and I must say I loved it and recommend you check it out.)

I actually ran out of time while doing my makeup that I ended up just wearing a simple teased pony in my hair. 





Dallas hotel room selfie.


I wore black skinny jeans and a cool striped blazer from Forever 21 that I bought last year and that for some reason always reminds me of Lady Gaga. (Must be the shoulder style)




The venue for the concert was the American Airlines Center. We got there pretty early because we didn't want to have a hard time finding parking. We paid $30 to pay close by. I know, ridiculous.


I got to see Maroon 5 in concert at the American Airlines Center in Dallas!



American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX


A girl named Rozzi Crane opened the show and she was alright. She's Adam Levine's protege and apparently she sings the Christina Aguilera part in Moves Like Jagger. After her came Magic! They're the band that sings Rude. It was a super popular song last year. 


Magic! In concert.


I'll admit our seats were definitely not the best and all photos were taken with my iPhone so they are not the best quality. I could've taken my real camera but I really wanted to enjoy the concert and sing my heart out with Maroon 5. Does anyone else think the experience is more important than the photos?


Here's some shots of Maroon 5.





Maroon 5 concert in Dallas, TX!



Maroon 5 V tour.



Maroon 5 V Tour Dallas, TX



They opened with Animals, and the whole concert was just amazing. It was actually the first stop of their entire V tour and I was so excited I got to be a part of it. I'll never forget singing along with Adam Levine to all my favorite Maroon 5 songs!

Adam Levine in concert!




Man crush Monday: Adam Levine


Oh Adam!

Adam Levine from Maroon 5 in concert.


After the concert we went back to the hotel and had an early night since we were leaving back home the next morning.

I have a short post of part 3 coming up that includes a review of an amazing BBQ restaurant we ate at. 

If you haven't already, check out Part 1 of my trip here and Part 3 here.



No comments:

Post a Comment